Ok, we realize that cookies aren’t exactly “nutritious”, but it is the holiday season after all! Unlike traditional cookies, this recipe uses canola oil, a healthy, monounsaturated fat. In addition, it’s full of spices, which carry powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So, enjoy a few guilt-free!
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup dark molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine brown sugar, oil, egg and molasses and beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, stir all the dry ingredients together.
4. Gradually blend the dry ingredients into the molasses mixture.
5. Roll about 1 Tbsp. of dough into a 1 1/4″ ball.
6. Roll in granular sugar and place 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen
Nutrition information per cookie: Calories 70, Protein 1 g; Carbohydrates 10g, Fat 3.5g, (sat 0 g, trans 0g, poly 1g, mono 2.5g), Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 70mg, Fiber 0g, Iron 4mg.
|The Suburban Chef
Want nutritious meals, but no time to shop or cook? Let the Suburban Chef get the job done for you! As seen on Fox 19, Barbie Hahn is your answer. See link below for more information and to contact.