Anyone that knows me, knows that the way to my heart is through coffee. I love the smell, taste and overall experience of it. So when given an opportunity to cook with it? I said, GAME ON!
I am taking part of a recipe contest through @purity_coffee and created a simple granola using their sample. Purity Coffee is an organic coffee that is roasted where the antioxidants in the coffee are maximized and acrylamide (a compound that is produced through the roasting process), is minimized. The beans are also tested for pesticides and other contaminants and beans are selected when they do not contain these impurities.
Traditional granola can be fairly high in fat and sugar. Recipes often use coconut oil, brown or white sugar and/or honey. I opted for a few tablespoons of maple syrup and added mini chocolate chips at the end for sweetness. Below is my recipe.
1/4 cup whole bean Purity coffee, coursely ground
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup dry quinoa
3/4 cup almond slivers
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ground coffee, rolled oats, quinoa, almond slivers and cinnamon in a large bowl and combine together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and canola oil.A
- Add the maple syrup mixture to the rolled oat blend and toss to coat
- Spread a single layer of the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and bake an additional 15 minutes until oats and quinoa are toasted.
- Let cool for 2-30 minutes, then add the chocolate chips in.
Makes 6 servings.
@purity_coffee @livingplate #PurityCoffeeRD #samples #recipe #contest