While the grain-avoiders are eating cauliflower rice, you can be enjoying delicious risotto! My family and I love this Italian favorite, but it was not a recipe I relished making. Traditional risotto requires a lot of “babysitting” at the stove. You have to stir the stuff constantly to get the creamy, distinctive texture. But, I found a work around!
If you’ve got an Instant Pot, it’s the perfect way to cook risotto. You can sautee your veggies and rice in it, then set it to do its work without having to hang out by your stove for 30 minutes. Here’s how I made this:
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup Arborio rice
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground pepper
- Place the butter, olive oil and rice in the instant pot and turn the setting to sautee. Add the onions, garlic and rice.
- With the lid open, sautee the onions, garlic and rice until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth and stir. Close the lid and set the instant pot on high for 5 minutes.
- Once the pot beeps, exhaust the steam and open the pot. Flush the rice with a wooden spoon.
- Serve the risotto with freshly ground pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!