Arugula Salad with Raspberries in Citrus Dressing
Now that spring is here, it’s time to get your salad spinner out and get your greens on! Raspberries pair nicely with local greens and arugula and fresh lime vinaigrette. Add feta cheese or blue cheese or any variation of nuts or seed you have on hand. You can add quinoa, barley or other whole grain, and grilled chicken or fish to make the salad a meal.
3 cups baby spinach leaves or local microgreens
3 cups arugula
2 pints fresh raspberries
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup blue cheese crumbles (optional)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (~2 limes)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp. honey
- Wash and spin the greens in a salad spinner and place in a large salad bowl.
- Clean and dry the raspberries and add to the greens.
- Add pecans and blue cheese
- Whisk together lime juice, canola oil and honey
- Dress salad prior to serving
Makes 4 (2 cup) servings. Nutrition facts per serving: 164 calories, 12.5 grams fat (1.8 grams saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 11.3 grams carbohydrate, 2.4 grams fiber, 3.7 grams protein, 103 mg sodium.