A few things you should know about me. I love to play in the kitchen, but am terrible at following recipes. To come up with one that includes measurements and ingredients that I would have on hand, well- this is just not my norm. I also love a challenge. So, when I read about Siggi’s recipe challenge, I figured, what the heck?
To my surprise, my recipe was chosen to be voted on for their upcoming cookbook. Using as much social media, email and other communication I could think of, I won! I have to say, this is one of the tastiest, most versatile chicken recipes you’ll find. I used it in a chicken pita recipe (bread compliments of my husband). I hope you enjoy it! #siggis #ambassador
1 (5.3 oz.) cup of SIggi’s 2% milk coconut yogurt
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground coriander
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. chicken breast or chicken tenders
- Turn your oven on to broil and move the oven rack so it is 6” away from the broiler element.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, place 1 (5.3 oz) container of Siggi’s coconut yogurt.
- Add cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne pepper and blend.
- Add ginger paste, minced garlic and olive oil. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the yogurt mixture until fully coated.
- Place the chicken on a broiling pan and broil for 10 minutes.
- Check the chicken after 10 minutes. Once it has started to brown, flip the chicken over and broil for another 10 minutes until done.