Truth be told, I don’t think I sat in a normal dining area once this week for lunch. Having multiple meetings and consults during the week forced me to eat in my car A LOT. Below are a few things I prepped ahead of time before scrambling out the door:
- Turkey and cheese roll up. Take 2 slices of lean deli turkey and place it on a small, fajita sized whole wheat tortilla. Spread a thin layer of horseradish sauce over the turkey. Sprinkle shredded, 2% milk cheddar cheese on this layer. Roll up and pack in a bag. Pack 10-15 baby carrots and ½ cup green grapes in a bag to go with it. And don’t forget a bottle of water!
- Peanut butter on whole wheat. Spread 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread and top the peanut butter with another slice of bread. Enjoy an apple and some celery sticks on the side.
- String cheese and Triscuits. Just like it says- pack 2 low fat Mozzarella string cheese sticks and 12 Triscuits in a bag. Pack 1 cup of baby carrots and cleaned/dried blueberries to pop in your mouth at the red light.
- Hummus & veggies in a pita. Pack ½ of a whole wheat pita with 2 Tbsp. of your favorite hummus. Add a chopped cucumber and spinach leaves between to the pocket. Pack 10-15 grape tomatoes to go with it and a bottle of water.
- Nutty trail mix. Mix ¾ cup Cheerios, ¼ cup almonds, ¼ cup walnuts, ¼ cup sunflower seeds and ¼ cup raisins or dried cranberries in a bag or reusable plastic container. Grab a 4-6 oz. Greek yogurt and a spoon and run for your car!