In an effort to eat more salmon, I decided to take it to the grill. Salmon is a great source of omega-3-fatty acids, which are not only good for your heart, but also your noggin. Eating just 2 servings of fish per week may ward off dementia. Below is a great recipe to try this spring:
1 ½ lb salmon fillets (about 4 pieces), skin still on
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp. dill or tarragon
- Whisk lemon juice and olive oil together. Add dill or tarragon.
- Marinate fish in lemon juice mixture for ~15 minutes.
- Line your grill with foil before pre-heating.
- Spray foil with cooking spray
- Place salmon on grill, skin side down
- Grill for 5-7 minutes per side until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 228 calories, 17 grams fat, 17 grams protein, 38 mg cholesterol, 0 grams fiber, 330 mg sodium.